Mums the Word – Okay, that was a lame title, too cutesy and I’m not even cute.

Mums the Word – Okay, that was a lame title, too cutesy and I’m not even cute.

Oh my gosh it’s Fall. No, it’s not really. However, I have my mums planted early this year. Why? Because the condition of my front yard (and my back yard and the inside of my house) has led people to wonder if we even live here anymore or if maybe our house has been repo’ed and/or abandoned. It’s too late to plant anything else in my planters so I went with mums a month or two too early.

I spent two days (in between working and entertaining a 3 month old), pulling a whole summers worth of weeds out of the four front flower planters. I dug a few holes and now it looks decent. Currently, we are wondering how to get our grass back and rid the front lawn of the weeds. Our front lawn cannot even be called a front lawn anymore; it’s 90% weeds and the other 10% is just dead.
At least my neighbors might all think I’ve finally “got it together” since I have flowers planted. I assure you, I will never have it “together” again. Ever. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>